Wismettac is a global company committed to transforming the food industry into an accelerator of
welfare of the world. In North America (NA), we do this by sharing the rich flavors and good health of
pan-Asian cuisine with food service operators and retail stores. We are at an inflection point in our
100 years of history, after recognizing the need to modernize and continue to thrive in
decades to come, while respecting and building on the company’s history and
Today, Wismettac has expanded beyond food products. We offer various customers a
full range of items, which includes wholesale items, kitchen utensils and even some household items
products.. With over 7,000 items, we believe we carry just about every product imaginable in this
Key business stats: over $1 billion in sales (largest contributor globally); 22 sites (19 branches); Over 900
Mr. Tiago Garjaka is the President and CEO of Wismettac Asian Foods, recently joining
to lead the growth of the company. He brings extensive experience in transforming organizations and
results, building high-performing teams and creating the infrastructure to scale the business, and
all in all, “to get things done”. Biographies of the management team will be available.
The mission of the Business Development Leader is to successfully drive the sourcing and execution of
new ideas/concepts in the organization through close collaboration with our international WBD
(Wismettac Business Development). This will include (i) identifying solutions that could be
exported to Japan; (ii) partnership with startups interested in entering the Japanese market; and (iii)
identification of solutions that can be implemented in the local market.
The Business Development Leader will report directly to the Strategy/Transformation Leader. It is also
important to note that this is a brand new position for the company; and, with all
responsibilities that may evolve as we learn more about this area, this is an opportunity to contribute.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Co-lead the WBD strategic program and help create, refine and implement our WBD business strategy
● Perform “white space” landscape analysis to determine potential areas of interest
● Perform a “Buy, Build or Partner” analysis for these areas
● Build and maintain a network/pipeline of entrepreneurs, startups, incubators, accelerators and other venture capital organizations that align with our strategic interests
● Evaluate incoming investment opportunities leveraging a data-driven approach
● Actively participate in the management of the portfolio, including participation on the board of directors and drive the implementation of the business development program
● Structure and manage all aspects of key projects (e.g. definition of objectives, scope,
plans/dashboards, cross-functional engagement, problem solving, documentation, syndication, etc.)
● Promote fact-based decision-making in all projects. Able to gather quantitative and qualitative data from a number of different sources
● Work cross-functionally to ensure appropriate stakeholders are involved in integration and implementation
● Monitor the success and consistency of investments with operations and broader organizational goals.
● Worked closely with WBD Japan in implementing various forms of business ventures while working with other Division Managers to enhance their portfolio value
● Build strong and collaborative partnerships with business leaders
● Build close relationships with key business leaders
● Take a genuine interest in learning the trade to become a more effective partner
● Experience in venture capital: the ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of experience in venture capital or in strategic partnership with a venture capital company or a venture capital team
● Academy background: the ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of M&A experience in an investment bank or advisory firm
● Entrepreneurial Spirit: The ideal candidate will have start-up or operational experience and most importantly possess an entrepreneurial spirit
● Analytical rigor: Analytical, methodical and rigorous approach; ability to independently solve complex business problems, conduct research and analysis, synthesize findings into a value maximizing business strategy.
● Structured and logical thinking: the ability to dissect a problem in an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to perform test analysis as well as the ability to present complex concepts/ideas in concise and easy to understand terms are essential
● Education credentials: MBA from a leading business school or master’s degree preferred
● Positive behavior
● Mindset and attitude that thrives in a changing and growing environment in a global organization.
● Ability to take on projects and work of all sizes and ambition to learn from others with minimal ego and create an environment conducive to diversity of opportunity, ideas and commitment.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Skills in organization and time management, analysis and problem solving
● Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
● Appreciation of experience working with multicultural teams/communities and individuals
where English is not the primary language.
● Languages: English. Japanese an added advantage
Interested members should email their CV to Mark Sadovnick at [email protected] Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper’s Friends of the Firm program. Be sure to include Job #1762 in the subject line and copy [email protected] to your email.