BOSTON, March 26, 2020 / PRNewswire / – Owl Labs, a leader in immersive video conferencing technology and services, today announced the launch of the Home work planner (WFH Scheduler), a free home resource management app to book workspaces and schedule home responsibilities so you can work productively with everyone under one roof. The spread of COVID-19 has forced the closure of schools, offices, daycares and community spaces; and people are encouraged to practice social distancing and self-isolation whenever possible. Globally, millions of people suddenly have to work from home, where they share limited space with their families, partners, children, roommates and pets; It is therefore difficult for them to concentrate and find a productive work / life balance.
Owl Labs’ WFH scheduler allows users to enter their shared home spaces for meetings and work (home office, living room, dining room, bedroom, etc.) etc.). Users can then “reserve” spaces within their home in the same way they would reserve a conference room in the office, as well as sign up for household responsibilities in the same way they would assign deliverables when booking. ‘a meeting. The app then shares those schedules on an easy-to-view calendar that provides transparency to everyone in their home about who is working where, what needs to be done when, and who is responsible for what.
Owl Labs recently conducted a survey on the challenges of working from home during the COVID-19 crisis with more than 500 respondents in the United States aged 25 to 64. The main findings of the survey are as follows:
- When you work from home
- 80% of respondents have family members or roommates at home with them
- 34% of respondents are also responsible for childcare
- 38% of respondents say their work productivity has decreased since joining the WFH and they balance childcare and housework responsibilities
- Over 80% of respondents said they had difficulty sharing space with family and roommates while working from home
- When we look at a child
- Respondents who care for children during WFH are 108% more likely to say their productivity has decreased than respondents who do not care for children
- Respondents who care for children while the WFH are 150% more likely to say they have difficulty sharing space than respondents who are not responsible for childcare
“Owl Labs is constantly innovating new solutions to help people work more productively, no matter where they are,” said Frank weishaupt, CEO of Owl Labs. “Offices have systems in place to improve productivity by reducing space management friction, and WFH Scheduler is an application that creates a similar system for your home. Greater transparency and a better understanding of what everyone in your home needs to do can help reduce tension and conflict. with your family or roommates so that you can respectfully share common spaces and responsibilities and maintain productivity during these difficult times. “
About Owl Labs
Owl Labs is a collaborative technology company dedicated to creating a better work experience for today’s hybrid workforce of remote and on-site employees. The company’s products use emerging technologies such as AI to bring teams together for better work. While focusing on its core hardware, The Meeting Owl product line, the company is developing advanced software technology to reinvent the conference room ecosystem and make it smart. Learn more about the company on www.owllabs.com.
SOURCE Owl Labs